Oléus HoldTec FM
Foodfriendly preservation of metal on the basis of alkyd resin.
Oléus HoldTec FM is a ship hold paint which is based alkyd resin and it consists aromatic free solvent.
Oléus HoldTec FM preserves in a food-friendly way ship holds and metal construction in the food industry.
- Holds paint has been tested on food friendliness and it has been approved by Dutch Institute for Applied Scientific Research (TNO) in Delft;
- Food approval according to Dutch and EU legislation complies with EC regulation 1895/2005 of November 18, 2005 and Regulation EC 1935/2004 of 27 October 2004. The authorization is valid until October 2018;
- The product may be in contact for a short and a longer time with dry foodstuffs;
- Highly suitable for holds of ships that has been or will be inspected for the hygiene code – Product Board Animal Feed – inland navigation;
- Can be applied on most of the existing systems;
- Corrosion impregnating effect;
- Strong covering power;
- Easy to apply;
- The surface dries first in which the adhesion of cargo residues will be minimized;
- Does not drip off at high temperatures;
- Good adhesion on the previous old layer;
- Long service life.
|Colors:||Red-brown and grey|
|Volume solids||± 50%|
|VOS||max. 403 gr/liter (upon delivery)|
|Recommended layer thickness||40 μm (dft) per layer|
|Quantity of layers||2-3|
|Consumption per m²||12,5 m²/ltr (at 40 μm)|
Instructions for use Oléus HoldTect FM
- The substance needs to be stirred well before use;
- Humidity: max. 90% RV. Temperature min. 5°C; max. 30°C;
- Preferable temperature of the paint ± 18°C;
- Substrate temperature should be at least 3°C above dew point;
- During application and drying the area needs to be adequately ventilated.
The process with an Airless spray
- Spay pressure: 120 -170 bar. Spray opening : 0.38 – 0.48 mm/ 0.015 – 0.019 inch;
- Spray angle: 50 – 80 degrees. Max. 3% dilution with Oléus Solvent 027.
The process with an Air spray
- Spay pressure 3 – 5 bar. Spray opening : ± 1.5 mm;
- Max. 5% dilution Oléus Solvent 27.
The process with a brush or roller
- Solvent resistant brush or roller. Max 3% dilution with aromatic free solvent. The coating thickness range is lower when applying by brush or roller.
- Aromatic free solvent
|Temperature||Dust dry||Manageable||Recoated after (min)||Recoated after (max)|
|10 °C||8 hours||36 hours||20 hours||3 days|
|23 °C||4 hours||24 hours||16 hours||3 days|
Repainting without scraping; The surface must be clean an free from contamination. When in doubt, consult your Oléus representative.
The surface must be dry and free of salts, oils and other contaminants. Remove loose or damaged parts. Salts and impurities should be removed by spraying with fresh water, preferably at high pressure. Grease, oil and other soluble pollution should be removed with an appropriate cleaner. Roughening the intact parts by sanding or sandblasting. Remove rust.
Safety data (summary)
The complete safety instructions can be found on the safety sheet. With respect to the use of this product, apply the local laws and regulations. Read the instructions properly on the label and safety data sheet before using this product. When using the product, please do not smoke and keep the product away from children. The area needs to be ventilated well.
The information which is contained in this product sheet is issued based on the current knowledge and is correct at the date of issuance. We strive for completeness of advice concerning this products, we have no control over the many other factor that can affect the process of the product. Liability for damages resulting from the use of the product sheet is excluded. We reserve the right to make changes without notification.