Oléus Metalkote 633B
Preservative for metal on the basis of bitumen.
Oléus Metalkote 633B is composed of a bitumen product, that is made liquid from a produced petroleum solvent.
Oléus Metalkote 633B conserves steel construction, piping, semi-finished steel, and ship components both, on the inside and on the outside.
Oléus Metalkote 633B can be applied with a brush, roller or by dipping or spraying. The capability is seven square meters per liter. After four hours (20˚C), the film is dry. For optimal preservation, the surface must be dry, grease and dust free . Remove the loose rust parts. Do not process the product at a temperatures below 5 ° C. The environment should be well ventilated because the product contains solvent. Keep packaging closed due to solvent evaporation.
- An excellent long-term corrosion protection;
- The product dries by evaporation, therefore the product does not cure
- Due to the fact that the product does not cure, each newly applied layer will result in a totally homogenous layer of protection;
- By not curing flows each newly applied layer by layer to the already applied, creating a totally homogenous layer of protection;
- Pre-heating is not necessary;
- The painted surface dries first in which the adhesion of dust and dirt will be minimized;
- No dripping at high temperatures;
- It forms a black lacquer-like, strong, adherent protective and elastic film;
- The applied layer will not crack or peel;
- Long service life;
- Water resistant;
- The film remains elastic and impermeable;
- Elastic coating does not splinter off, even metal to metal contact of swinging grapples against the walls of a ship’s holds.
|Density at 15C||kg/m3||963||ASTM D 4052|
|Color||Black||ASTM D 1500|
|Flash point||ºC min.||38||ASTM D 93|
|Viscosity at 40ºC||cSt||100||ASTM D 445|
|Solid dust content||percents||57|
|Volume solids||± 57%|
|VOS||max. 414 gr/liter (upon delivery)|
|Recommended layer thickness||35 μm (dft) per layer|
|Quanity of layers||2-3|
Instruction for using Oléus Metalkote 633B
- Humidity: max. 90% RH. Temperature minus 5 ° C. ; max. 30 ° C;
- The temperature of the paint is preferably ± 18 ° C;
- Substrate temperature should be at least 3 ° C above dew point.
- During application and drying the area needs to be adequately ventilated.
Verwerken Airless spuit
- Spuitdruk: 120 -170 bar. Spuitopening : 0.38 – 0.48 mm/ 0.015 – 0.019 inch.
- Spuithoek: 50 – 80 graden. Max. 3% verdunnen met petroleum.
The process with an Airless spray
- Spay pressure: 120 -170 bar. Spray opening : 0.38 – 0.48 mm/ 0.015 – 0.019 inch.
- Spray angle: 50 – 80 degrees. Max. 3% dilution with petroleum.
The process with an Air spray
- Spay pressure 3 – 5 bar. Spray opening : ± 1.5 mm
- Max. 5% dilution with petroleum.
The process with a brush or roller
- Solvent resistant brush or roller. Do not dilute the substance. The coating thickness range is lower when applying by brush or roller.
- Petroleum or white spirit
|Temperature||Dust dry||Manageable||Recoated after (min)||Recoated after (max)|
|10 °C||8 hours||12 hours||12 hours||Unlimited|
|23 °C||4 hours||8 hours||8 hours||Unlimited|
Repainting without sanding; The surface must be clean an free from contamination. het oppervlak moet schoon zijn en vrij van verontreinigingen. When in doubt, consult your Oléus representative.
The surface must be dry and free of salts, oils and other contaminants. Remove loose or damaged parts. Salts and impurities should be removed by spraying with fresh water, preferably at high pressure. Grease, oil and other soluble pollution should be removed with an appropriate cleaner. Remove rust.
Safety data (summary)
The complete safety instructions can be found on the safety sheet. With respect to the use of this product, apply the local laws and regulations. Read the instructions properly on the label and safety data sheet before using this product. When using do not smoke and keep the product away from children. The area needs to be ventilated well.
The information which is contained in this product sheet is issued based on the current knowledge and is correct at the date of issuance. We strive for completeness of advice concerning this products, we have no control over the many other factor that can affect the process of the product. Liability for damages resulting from the use of the product sheet is excluded. We reserve the right to make changes without notification.